Saturday, February 24, 2007

Day 7: The Bed

Hallo!

Today got a bed and can finally sleep in my flat. Branimir helped me to buy it from a big shop, part of IKEA chain of shops. It was very crowded. Obviously it's the most popular place for buying things for home.

Spent around 300 euros for bedframe, matrasses, chair, 2 lamps, 6 hotdogs, 2 cokes, 2 coffees, 2 icecreams, transport to home/food not included :))/.

At first I wanted to buy much more stuff but later decided to concentrate on things of "first need", so that I can start to live in that flat.

At 17 was at home and started to wait the bed to be transported. I even didn't have a chair where to sit :)) No furniture - only nice kitchen and bathroom.




After spending a few hours in assembling the new chair and learning very well the schedule of the buses and trams that stop next to my house/that was the only thing I could do :))/ the delivery came. The man took off the bed and matrasses from the truck, asked me to sign and said he couldn't help me because he was not payed for that and still have much work to do.

Hopefully Anna-Marie/?25-28?/ appeared from somewhere. She said "Good evening" and went upstairs. After a minute or two she came back, looked down from the second floor and asked "Do you need help?". I replied from the parter "Yes, thanks, I do need help but doubt that we two can manage with this :))". /the stairs are so abrupt that I don't see a way how my grandma will climb them when she'll come in summer to visit me :))/.

After talking for a few minutes who was who Anna-Marie said "Shall we sit on the stairs all night?" :)) I said: "Ok. Lets try it. I think it would be easier for you to be 'down'" ... After 20 seconds the matrasses was in my room. "Thanks a lot Anna!".


So far so good. I think I was lucky to get this appartment. I like the sight from it, it's 10 minutes away from office and some other colleagues live next to me. Have to learn how to use the dish washing machine :))



At 20:30 went to the railway station to get the train back to Haarlem. Have you seen so many bicycles in one place :))






At 1 o'clock at night we went to Amsterdam to take Branimir's mother who was coming from Bulgaria. Could'n see anything interesting in night Amsterdam but the car navigation system we used was impressive.

No comments: