Friday, February 23, 2007

Day 6: Already 1 week!

Good evening!
Lol, one week at Tam Tam! Impressions? I haven't seen such a smiley company :)) and the most important - the man who laughs and makes fun all day is the big boss. It's really good to see him joking and drinking beer with the others after work and finally getting on his killing Porsche and going home :))

I'm very happy I came here. It's really a great experience. "Every minute" I learn something new, maybe later it would change to "every weekend". It's very interesting to talk with colleagues from Portugal, Iran and China :)) The guy from China is called Kwoh-ho. The Portuguese one is Duarte. He was born in Madeira, an island next to Morocco, later moved to Portugal, worked as a teacher in IT, then came in Holland at Tam Tam. The Iranian guy is called Shahin. He spent one year in Baku. Baku? Ups, did you say Baku? /Salam Gulka!/ Yes I did, his father is Azeri and Shahin studied one year in this /as all say/ beautiful city.

I have to solve a wicked bug till next Tuesday. I tought it was only a bug ... but the project appeared to be a big mess. As far as I could see for a week I can proudly say that developers in Bulgaria and BSH are really good. The different thing here is people's attitude towards work in general - all are very calm and polite, work from 8 to 5 and everything seems fine ... although the project might be going wrong.

At 18:00 got the keys from my flat. I like it but there is no furniture in it - tomorrow have to buy a bed, lamps and the so called "starter kit".

Finally, we reached the party. Branimir and colleagues arranged a small party because he is leaving next week. The "unit manager" addressed a short speech, thanked "Brani" for his 1 year stay and gave him a basket full of traditional Dutch stuff - tulips, wooden boots, ceramic windmill, a knife for cheese, Tam Tam cup. Do you need to tell you who smiled most? :))

No comments: