Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Day 2: First day at Tam Tam

Hi there! Today Branko came at 6:50(to escape Monday traffic jams) in the morning to drive me to the office for my first working day at Tam Tam. It took us about 40 minutes on the highway to get at Delft. Parked the car and went on the second floor of a nice building. The office is super - 4 shiny big rooms for different departments, a place for lunch, a few toilets, small kitchens and places for discussions. All that separated by glass.

Already my new colleagues knew about me and were smiling and presenting themselves ... and trying to understand what that "Lu .. Lyu .. Lo ... mir" means :)) I could remember a few names. I was surprised Tam Tam had 70 employess.

I had my new workplace and super laptop(DELL 620, Intel Core 2 Duo 2GHz, 2GB RAM, 80 GB). At 9:13 began the traditional meeting. The big boss Paul started to talk something in Dutch. He gave flowers and a bottle of champagne to a colleague - she is a sprinter and won some race. Then he said "we have a new member and asked me to say something ..." when another colleague added "... in Dutch" and smiled wilily. Branimir warned me before that not to talk in Dutch too early coz it's owngoal :)) but I decided to make some fun and said:

"Hallo."
"Ik heet Lyubomir."
"Aangenaam kennis met u te maken."


... which means "Hello. My name is Lyubomir. I'm very glad to get acquainted with you.". All started to shout and whistle :)) and joked that I already know more Dutch than Branimir :))

Right at 12:00 all rushed to lunch to the big kitchen. You have to be very careful and quick coz someone may take the food from your plate if he/she likes it. It was very strange.

At night Branimir made a traditional Bulgarian dinner. Cheers!
/on the photo our friend Nikola/

No comments: