Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Day 3: That's Holland!

Goedenavond!

Good night! Finally the famous windmills :) I had to come in Holland to understand that these things are not only part of Don Kihot's stories or for making flour/brashno/ BUT for pumping water and preventing from flooding. This one on the photo is an old version :))

Now the traditional bicycles. I think they get on them even before they learn to walk. Is it culture, is it keeping the environment clean, is it for saving money ... don't know but they are crazy about them. I have colleagues who come and go from work with them, overall about 25 km.

At lunch time Branimir and I went to the center of Delft - he to buy medicines, me - prepayed GSM card(by the way my Dutch number is +31624787534).

Can you see people on the square?

All Holland is in channels. I can't understand where they start or finish, who uses them or makes them. There are bridges everywhere that can lift up and a boat passes beneath them.




Our dinner :)) This time I was the cook - some chicken stakes, potatoes and yellow cheese. Cheers!

No comments: