Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Day 176: The World looks better from 3000 meters!

Greetings from Bulgaria and the tallest peak in the Pirin mountains that is called "Vihren". It is 2914 meters high but I can assure you it deserves every step. The sight from up there is really beautiful. Unfortunately the weather was cloudy and we were forced to go back without reaching our final destination - a very narrow peak called "The Horse". You can see more fantastic images here. As they say in one advertisement: "Welcome to Bulgaria - severe country, mild rakia!" :-))

4 comments:

Victoria Williams said...

Nice pictures, Lubo. Bulgaria looks awesome!

Lubo van Plovdiv said...

Thanks Victoria. It's really awesome because besides mountains you can also enjoy the sea and the beaches ... I'm interested in Idaho :-) Is it really only 600 people? The "Calamity Jaynes" looks like the typical breakfast place I've seen in many US movies :-) . I wonder from which place to start my conquest of America :-) . Maybe Idaho?

Victoria Williams said...

Of course you need to start with Idaho. I only wish we had beaches also. (But, Oregon is right next door with a gorgeous coastline.) I will be going backpacking soon, in Idaho, and will post some pics for you!

Shahin Mesgar said...

yeah .. I agree .. it doesnt look that good from 2999, or even 3001, but 3000 is the number! :-)))

we should try the 6400 meters one day dude.